Sponsor experiment in sustainable housing
The aim of the experiment was to increase the perceived sense of community and sustainable choices in everyday life in two of the Y-Foundation’s residential communities located in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area. The aim was to create a sponsor model for sustainable housing.
- 42 events were held covering the following themes: sustainable food, consumption and mobility, and local nature.
- A model for sponsor activities in sustainable housing in two residential communities in the form of three guides (in Finnish):
- Strengthening the sustainable everyday choices and operating methods of residents (environmental benefits).
- Sense of community, inclusion and the management of daily life will improve.
- Improved trust and communication between the administration and residents.
- Replicable in other rental housing companies and supported housing units.
In collaboration with
- Helsinki Region Environmental Services HSY
- Ministry of the Environment