Accessibility statement: Kestavakaupunki.fi
The Kestavakaupunki website is subject to the Act on the Provision of Digital Services. Under the Act, public online services must be accessible, which means that everyone must have equal access to them.
This statement describes the shortcomings in the accessibility of the Kestavakaupunki.fi website.
The Kestavakaupunki.fi website was published in March 2022. This accessibility statement was published on March 2nd 2022.
The Kestavakaupunki.fi website is maintained by the Ministry of the Environment.
Accessibility of the service
The Ministry of the Environment has assessed the accessibility of the website together with the system supplier.
The Kestavakaupunki.fi website meets the Level A and AA success criteria required by the Act in certain respects (WCAG 2.1). The key shortcomings in the accessibility of the online service are described below
Shortcomings in the accessibility of the website
The following content elements do not meet the accessibility requirements:
Shortcomings in text alternatives for images and diagrams
The content pages have some images for which no descriptive text alternatives have been defined or the text alternatives do not describe the content of the images correctly. Detailed text alternatives have erroneously been provided for some purely decorative images. (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.4.5)
Accessibility issues in PDF documents
There are shortcomings in the accessibility of PDF documents published by the Government after 23 September 2018 contained in the website.
- The documents may have visual elements and diagrams for which no descriptive text alternatives have been defined. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The PDF documents may have layout issues that hamper screen reader use, such as unnecessary line breaks and headings with no heading levels. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The table structures in PDF documents may have deficiencies that hamper screen reader use, e.g. table structures have been used for text layout purposes or programmatic column headings are missing. Similar data may also have been divided into several tables. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The documents may have footnotes with no links to the texts, which makes it difficult to interpret them when using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There may be shortcomings in file metadata, such as missing titles or incorrect language specifications and author information
The website contains broken links. These will be repaired in connection with other updates.
Shortcomings in the naming of links
The link texts are not sufficiently descriptive in all respects.
How to obtain information that is not accessible?
To obtain information that is not accessible, please contact Iina Heikkilä, [email protected] or tel. +358 295 250 448. Together we will find the best way for you to access the information you need.
Have you noticed any accessibility concerns on our website?
We constantly strive to improve the accessibility of our online service. If you find any accessibility issues on the website that are not described in this statement, please let us know. We are also happy to receive other comments and suggestions for improvements to the accessibility of the website. You can submit your feedback using our feedback form.
- Feedback form: Contact us
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland oversees the fulfilment of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with our reply, or if you do not receive any response within two weeks, please send your feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. Detailed information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be handled is available on the Agency’s website.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Saavutettavuuden valvonnan yksikkö (supervisory unit for accessibility)
tel. (switchboard) +358 295 016 000