Vähäkyrö Cultural Circle
The aim was to develop a people-oriented sense of place and local identity in a rural village which became a part of City of Vaasa 7 years ago.
The aim was to highlight historic treasures in a new way and to get people to move about in the surrounding area. By developing cultural services, a sense of local pride and sights for visitors are created.
- The results include a map service, concrete environmental artworks, guided tours, handicrafts demonstrations, videos, a brochure and the launch of summer artist cooperation.
- Mysticism and handicrafts were identified as the themes for tourism communications.
- Cooperation across administrative boundaries.
- Experiences, wonderment "I never knew they did this here.”
- A vision on steps to be taken.
- New development projects: The hiking path project, the tourism product project and the construction of new operating models.
- A spirit of communal creativity: New actors awaken and start making proposals and launching activities, an enabling and experimental operating culture and the fight against apathy.
- City of Vaasa
- SAMK art education in Kankaanpää
- Vähäkyrö Association
- Vähänkyrö tour guides
- Ministry of the Environment